Sunday, June 12, 2011

Outings

I've been trying to get Maya and I out everyday.  Hanging out around the house gets a little old...we need some excitement!  Now that she can stay awake longer between naps, we have some more flexibility...finally!  We've taken advantage of the sunny weather and have enjoyed our time outside.  Thursday we met up with some friends at a park with a water playground...so cool!  I can't wait for Maya to be old enough to run through it and have fun...next summer I guess!


Friday we were extra adventurous and went to Happy Hollow Park and Zoo.  My friend Mandy invited us to go with her and her two girls, Abby and Cailin (who's only 5 weeks!  I'm super impressed!  I would have never attempted such an outing when Maya was 5 weeks...)  It was so fun to hang out with the girls.  Abby had a blast and I once again look forward to the day Maya gets excited for trips to places like Happy Hollow.
Our first ride at Happy Hollow, the Dragon Train (not sure if that's the official name)

Maya's first time on the merry-go-round...as you can see, not so merry.  We left as soon as the ride ended.


*Yes, I'm wearing the same hat two days in a row.  Thursday was for "sun protection" (fashion) and Friday I didn't wash my hair, so it was a must!  You've been there...don't judge ;)

1 comments:

  1. Cracking up at your hair comment. Been there indeed. Looks like you girls have been having fun! Can't believe how big she's getting! We're counting down the days till August...can't wait to see you guys! xoxo

    ReplyDelete