Thursday, November 18, 2010

On the move...

We FINALLY got final approval on the sale of our condo! Which means we also got a "move out" date. Fortunately that deadline is no sooner than when we planned to move anyways. With baby girl on the way, we decided we should move between the holidays, so the 12/20 deadline is actually perfect timing!

We discussed and decided a while back that we would rent from my dad and move into the house I grew up in. I love the house and I'm super excited to have more space. Though I'm looking forward to this move, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't just a little bit anxious. Living in and potentially raising our family in the same space I was raised in could be...well, emotional. There's lots of memories at that house so I hope it's not too difficult. The place does look much different than when I lived there (minus the bathrooms that are dying for a re-model...wink wink dad...kidding...kinda) and I'm sure once "our stuff" is added it'll feel even more different.

Five years in the condo was about 4 too many and I will definitley not miss...
1- our extrememly inconsiderate upstairs neighbors who think stomping around at all hours, throwing parties every weekend and dragging furniture around the hardwood floor are all fun activities (well, I guess parties are fun, but not for us)
2- going up and down 3 flights of stairs everyday
3- terrible parking for our guests and having to walk back up and down those stairs to let them in

I will miss...
1- our large bathrooms...I think the guest bathroom might be as large as the guest room...
2- the pool...though we didn't use it too often, it's nice to have the option
3- the gym! I'm not using it much now, but I used to go every morning. Despite the fact that it was a shoebox, it was nice to be able to just go down stairs to have a morning workout...no drive, no fees!

Hopefully baby girl will love growing up there as much as I did. I can't wait to bring her home and start our own memories in our new house!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so honored to be the first to comment on your blog!!! Just another fun way to follow along on your journey from a family of two to three. I love it, love you guys, love my niece!!!! You are going to be amazing parents and I'm sure you will do a fantastic job of making great memories in YOUR house while keeping a spot in your heart for the old memories too. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it will be emotional to raise your daughter in the home you grew up in but you will create new memories too! Is her room going to be your old room? :-)

    ReplyDelete