Thursday, June 7, 2012

2 weeks in...

We made it to Washington!  It's been a little more than two weeks since Maya and I anxiously boarded our one way flight out of San Jose and off to Seattle!  The last two weeks have been a bit blury, but it's finally starting to sink in that we are not just visiting Mill Creek, we live here!  It's still a little crazy to say. 
Fortunately, I kept my weather expectations fairly low, so the last week of rain (in JUNE!) isn't terribly disappointing and I'm actually finding that I'm not only ok, I think I really LIKE it!  I LOVE our neighborhood, our house, our area in general.  It's absolutely gorgeous and I can't get enough of the beautiful scenery I get to wake up to every morning.
From the front porch

The view from our bedroom...a little grey, but pretty awesome!

The best part of all is living so close to Deanna, Paul and the boys...they are literally a short walk away!  My sister-in-law is an absolute Godsend.  I'm not sure how I could have handled this transition without her.  It is such a blessing for Maya and I to be able to see her and the boys almost everyday!  I LOVE it and I love her so much for being so available, helpful and generous as we find our way in our new town.  I love that Maya is able to see her cousins so often and little Isaac in particular absolutely loves her and dotes on her constantly.  It's one of the sweetest things you'll ever see and totally melts my heart.

cousin love...



giving auntie and great big wet kissie!

I'm so thankful God has a perfect plan for our life even if it's not the one we saw coming.  I know He has good things for us here and I'm excited to see it all unfold.

I haven't taken many pictures yet, but I'll definitely try to get more soon!


0 comments:

Post a Comment