Friday, January 4, 2013

Minnie...


As noted in my Christmas post, Maya has developed a new love for Mickey and Minnie Mouse.  Not sure exactly when it started.  I vaguely remember a month or so ago that she pointed at the 'mickey ear silhouette' as we passed the disney store and I told her it was a mouse.  At some point I added Mickey...the rest is history.  
Fast forward to earlier this week...We were in Hobby Lobby when Maya very excitedly pointed and exclaimed "Mickey!!" I turned around to see what she was looking at and couldn't find a Mickey anywhere.  I looked high and low, near and far and finally, across the ENTIRE fabric department, on the back wall of fleece fabric bolts, I saw a red and white fleece with a Minnie Mouse print.  How this girl finds things from a mile away is amazing.  I told her we could go say hi and once we got close she wanted to hold it.  I put the bolt across the shopping cart handle and she immediately proceeded to snuggle Minnie.  I'm a sucker so I decided I must get some and make something!  I had seen a tutorial for a two layer no-sew fleece blanket on Pinterest (of course!) and decided to go for it.  


Maya is obsessed with her "Minnie Cozy".  I think it turned out quite cute :)
Here's the link to the tutorial from Helping Little Hands 

1 comments:

  1. Adorable! Jos would love it. You guys should come visit and we can go see Mickey and Minnie in person ;)

    ReplyDelete