Thursday, January 31, 2013

First trip to the Dentist...

Maya had her first trip to the dentist today! 
Not so sure about this mom!
 I was super anxious that she would freak out, but she actually did really well!  It was more of an informative meeting for me with the assistant.  She gave me lots of good advise about what she eats/drink and how it affects her teeth, plus information on keeping those pearly whites clean (including starting the flossing habit now!), the low down on the pacifier and more! Then we met the dentist and he did a check of her teeth (which all looked great!) and gave her quick fluoride treatment.  I was able to hold Maya in my lap facing me and laid her head in his lap across from me.  I was so impressed how well she did...no fighting, no tears!  Woo hoo!
A cup of water after her fluoride



A rubber ducky, a new toothbrush, toothpaste and ball "prize" later, she was a happy camper and we were on our way without needing to return for another year!

I took her to Jamba to celebrate!  Not sure that was dentist approved... :/
I just love this face!  So much joy!




Because two Jambas are better than one!

1 comments:

  1. You made me get off my butt and make Jos an appointment! She has her first trip to the dentist on Monday. Hope she does as well as Maya!

    And Jos has that same polka dot sweater :)

    ReplyDelete