Friday, January 21, 2011

Friend Shower

The day after my family shower, my friends threw me a shower too!  It was such a fun day and even though I had a hard time remembering who knew who and how, it was so awesome to have friends from different parts of my life all there to celebrate baby girl's upcoming arrival.  Not that I was worried because they're all wonderful people, but everyone seemed to really get along so well.  There's something very special about knowing everyone is gathered in one room for you. 

 It reminded me once again how blessed I am to have amazing women in my life who are excited to be there for me and support me and my growing family.

Here's the group (minus Mandy who took the picture)  Aren't they beautiful...woot woot...



Two of my closest friends, Mandy and Janet, co-hosted the special day.  I'm so thankful to these two for putting so much time and effort into making the day so wonderful!


They did an amazing job with every detail!  Including these cute cookies that matched the invites.


My dear friend Lacie also helped out and was in charge of the game.  There was a tie for the win, but she decided to give me the prize...a bucket of candies that were "brad's snacks for the hospital". Unfortunately, his snack stash didn't make it more than two weeks at home! Oops.

She also has a little girl and I'm looking forward to many playdates in our future!



Like my family, my friends spoiled me with so many awesome gifts!  Knowing I work for Gymboree and have access to plenty of clothes, everyone stuck to my registry, which I very much appreciate!  By the end of this shower (and knowing everything I had received the day before), I felt so much better about being ready for baby girl! 


Those who know me well, know that girlfriends are SO VERY important to me. I've always valued my friendships with females and find the bonds among women so important in life. My husband is my best friend and we share life on a level that doesn't compare to any other relationship, my family is my blood and I know without a doubt they'll always be there to love and support me, but there is something special about the connections I have with my girlfriends. Some of these girls are like sisters to me and with them I'm able to be the most transparent and vulnerable. With some of my closest friends, I'm able to share every piece of myself- good, bad and ugly- and know they'll love me and won't judge me despite those details. I'm so excited to bring baby girl into this sisterhood, knowing they'll love her as much as they love me!  To share life with them is an honor and a blessing.

Thanks girls...love you tons!







0 comments:

Post a Comment