Thursday, January 13, 2011

Family Shower

Over the weekend, I was able to celebrate baby girl's upcoming birth with two showers!  My loving family threw me a shower on Saturday at Siena Cafe in Willow Glen.  It was quite the collaboration and I feel so blessed to have amazing women in my life that wanted to come together to host the event. 

The party planners (unfortunately I don't have pictures with my cousin Krista, my sissy-in-law Deanna and my Aunt Vicky who both live out of state and couldn't make it)...

Sherry, Joan (my mother-in-law who flew in from Arizona) and Aunt Kathy
  

My sissy-in-law Diana
 

My future sissy-in-law Tina
 

It was so fun to see everyone, including some family on my mom's side I hadn't seen in a while.  It's such an overwhelming feeling to have everyone gathered in one room for you!  I'm not very good at handling all the attention and I always feel overwhelmed in these situations, but it also reminds me how lucky I am.  It's hard to not have my mom around for things like this.  I know she'd be SO excited and so thankful that other women in the family have stepped up to support us during this time.  I'm so grateful for them, their love and generosity.  I am truly blessed!





Here's my 95 year old Grandma Dorothy (my mom's mom).  Petite as can be and never leaves home without her heels!  Gotta love it!  She's loves to crochet and made baby girl three beautiful blankets...




We played a few games and my cousin's daughter Mckenna won the clothespin game by listening very closely for anyone who said the forbidden B word...Baby :)  She was an intense player and all her hard work (and trickery) paid off! 




Everyone was so generous and I left the party with feeling so much more prepared to bring baby girl home!  Now I just need to get everything washed, organized and put away!



My niece made me this from Build a Bear and named her Bub Slyngstad (Bub was a nickname for my mom)- too cute!



 Friend Shower post coming soon...


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day! The bear is adorable! I know your Mom is looking down and smiling ear to ear. I have no doubt she will be with you when you give birth to your beautiful baby girl!

    BTW, good choice on the high chair. We got a big Chicco one but my Mom got one like that for her house and it's so much better. Doesn't take up too much space and does the job. If I could do it over again, I would have gotten one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa Lisa! Looks like your family shower was awesome. So nice to see how close you all are. :) Luv the pink & green colors. Can't wait for more blog posts - I'm following you on Google Reader!

    ReplyDelete