Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Homemade Baby Food...

I made my first homemade baby food today!  Any guesses what it is??  
Per the suggestion of a few friends after reading my cobbler post, I agreed that making baby food was a great way to use up some of our peaches.  It was really pretty easy and I got everything done, from picking to freezing, all while little miss was napping.  


For anyone interested, here's what I did...
1- Peel, pit and dice peaches
2- Steam for 5-10 min or until soft
3- Puree with a little water from cooking (I used my Cuisinart mini prep plus...love this thing!)
4- Strain with mesh colander and spatula
5- Poor into ice cube trays, wait till cool and then pop in freezer

Once they are frozen, I think I'll pop them out of the trays and put them in some freezer bags so I can label them and use the trays for another food.
Less than 2 weeks until Maya's 6 months!  Then I can finally see what she thinks of solids...can't wait! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! It's so easy isn't it?! And that's exactly what I did to store them. Popped them out the trays and stored them in ziploc freezer bags with the food and when I made it. You can keep them for up to 3 months according to wholesomebabyfood.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! That's exactly what I did...can't wait to see what she thinks of it. The boys always loved pureed avocado. Pretty soon you can start mixing stuff and the options will be endless!

    ReplyDelete