Monday, August 8, 2011

Sweet Potatoes...

I decided to continue my "make your own baby food" journey over the weekend and hit the farmer's market on Saturday to see what organic options I could find.  I had never been to the Willow Glen farmer's market before...eh, it was so so.  After experiencing Campbell's market, it's hard to compare.  Sure, Campbell is SUPER crowded (almost impossible with a stroller; never doing that again!), but the quantity to choose from cannot be beat.  I did find some sweet potatoes and carrots, two of the staples on my list.  So after farmer's market, I decided to make them both.  
We got pretty excited and decided to go ahead and give Maya her first taste of sweet potato Saturday afternoon.  You're supposed to follow a 4 day wait rule in order to check for any reactions due to food sensitivities or allergies, so Maya will be having only sweet potatoes through Tuesday.  Then she'll be introduced to the wonderful world of the banana on Wednesday :)

Here are a couple pics from Saturday and Sunday's tastings...
First taste...

eh, not too excited
Much more fun to play with the bowl...
Messy face...
Then things took a turn for the worse...


They say you shouldn't try solids when your child is super hungry because they'll just get frustrated.  And as I experienced, you shouldn't try solids too close to nap time either...noted.


Hopefully things will only get better from here!


1 comments:

  1. Lol...that's so cute! Even when she's a grumpy face I love her all to pieces! I'll be smothering her with aunty love SOON!:) Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete