Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Kisses from Katie...


My sister-in-law had been telling me all about a book called Kisses from Katie.  The minute she was done, I was excited to get my hands on it myself!  Little did I know how much it would impact me, my faith, my perspective.  It's an incredible story about a christian girl from Tennessee who went on a mission trip to Uganda her senior year.  She not only fell in love with the country and the people she encountered, she felt a strong call to return and continue to serve.  Now 23, she lives in Uganda, has adopted 14 girls and has started Amazima Ministries to feed, educate and encourage orphaned children and the poor in Uganda.  I'm completely convicted by Katie's story and her decision to say "Yes".  How often we hear of issues in our world and feel the "nudge" to act, but turn away instead since the problems seem to big and it's just so much easier to ignore!  The truth is that we can do something. We are so fortunate in this country and often take our blessings for granted.  We need to choose to say yes. 
If you have some free time for a read, I highly recommend!   


Once our eyes have been opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and hold us responsible to act. 
Proverbs 24: 12

0 comments:

Post a Comment